Thursday, April 8, 2010


Okay...I MUST share this random concoction with you all since the result was super delicious! Just look at these things...
...if a Whoopie Pie and a Chocolate Cookie Sandwich had a child...this would be it!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie "cakes" with a dollop of Fresh Espresso Chocolate Whipped Cream

So...these are SOOO easy to make and I whipped them up in 15 minutes as a last minute sweet to take to a BBQ. I was asked to bring something sweet for after dinner and I had NOTHING in my pantry but a box of chocolate cake mix (from before my scratch baking days) and some Chocolate Chips....hmmmmm so I got to thinking...I wonder if I could make something like a Whoopie pie or a soft, chewy cookie...So I mixed some stuff up and they turned out AMAZING!!!
***I am going to post this recipe soon***
So you can make these delicious cookies or your own favorite recipe and sandwich them between a dollop of this amazing whipped cream...Here is how you make this delicious stuff:
1 Pint whipping/heavy cream
1 1/2 TBSP instant Chocolate Pudding (like Jello) dry
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 TBSP hot water
2 + TBSP instant espresso/coffee (to your liking)
SUGAR TO TASTE

1. Start whipping the heavy cream (this is when it is great to have a KITCHEN AID!! When the cream starts to come together add the vanilla and some sugar (to taste) I used about 1/4 - 1/2 cup
2. Sprinkle in the Instant pudding
3. Combine the hot water with the coffee and stir until it is dissolved and add 1 - 2 tsp of sugar to the coffee/water mixture to form a thick syrup-like mixture.
4. While whipping the cream add the coffee syrup to taste and whip 'til incorporated.
5. Place a heaping spoonful on top of a cookie and sandwich together.
I LOVED how these tasted after being n the freezer for a while...like a light and airy ice cream sandwich with a soft, chewy cookie! YUM!
The poeple who ate these could not wait for them to freeze up and ate them right out of the fridge and they were still amazing ... in fact they were all gone...THANK goodness I saved myself one =)


I had to take a bite ...

...Or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment