Saturday, July 18, 2009

Christmas Tree Cake

This was my first attempt at making a stacked and carved cake...it was definitley not the easiest cake I ever made and being that I made it in a super rush I think it came out pretty well. Next time I would be sure to start it a bit earlier and make sure I had a few more decorations to hang on the tree...instead of just a few craisins! 
If I thought making the cake was tricky ... the drive with it to New Jersey was quite the challenge!!! But we made it there and the cake was pretty darn tasty! All you need to whip this cake up is the following;
  1. your favorite cake recipe (or a box mix) 
  2. coconut
  3. green food coloring
  4. frosting
  5. oven proof bowls or various sizes (pyrex works well)
Bake the cake in three or more different size oven proof bowls, cool COMPLETELY!! Chill the cake in the fridge for an hour (or less if you are in a rush..or pop it in the freezer). Cut each size into a cone shape..frost each one then stack on a big skewer or dowel. cover in green coconut, decorate your tree and don't forget the star on top! 

No comments:

Post a Comment